Upstate NY Babies

I started a bad habit. Computer games.

We have all been sick around here, it has been one thing after another for the last month.  Ty can't handle much Bri when he is having a rough time, so I have been letting him sit upstairs on the desk top comuter by himself in the morning playing either Nick jr, Disney jr or Seseme street computer games.  I send up snack bags of cereal and stuf when he is hungry.  Now it seems we are all better, (knock on wood) but Ty is still in a down swing.  So I sent him upstairs around 9am to be by himself.  I am going to bring him down soon.  I need to get out of this routine.  He is sitting up there 2-3 hours a day (out of the 13 hours he is awake everyday) by himself on the computer.  Part of me wants to say it is fine because he is playing more educational games and computer knowledge and know how is more important for kids (and adults) than ever before.  Look at how they have changed our lives in the past 20 yrs, what will the next 20 bring.  On the other hand, I feel like a lazy mom and I need to limit it better.  And on my third (non-existant) hand, it does help keep him more sensory regulated when he is in a down swing as opposed to being down here fighting with Bri.

I'm torn.  Computer know how is so important and it isn't like he is playing some brainless shooting game, he is doing puzzles and word games.  But 2-3 hrs seems like  long time.