Upstate NY Babies

Bullying/fighting back...WDYT

This is an ethical question sorry. But my nephews stay with us for a few nights each week. Well R, 7 y/o the oldest, has been bullied since school started. He has done everything his family has suggested, ignore, walk away, tell the teacher, talked with parents etc. It gets better for a while, but then he comes home and tells me he was pushed down and tore his pants (most recent), or he was hit, his lunch money has been stolen, someone stole his boots....it goes on and on.  R has PDD-NOS so his communication skills aren't the best, has some odd ticks and has times where he will script TV shows to himself, but hes making it in a regular education class.

Yesterday he was sent home early for punching the other boy, hard. Gave the other boy a black eye after the other boy called R a ret**d. Today R is sitting in in-school suspension room. DH and R's father gave him a high five and told him it was about time he stood up to those boys.

So of course me and DH are debating this for DD when she gets older. Our debate questions.... are you going to teach your child it's ok to fight back in some situations? I think in this situation it was warrented since other non-physical techniques didn't work. But then again, what are we teaching them? Just thought I'd throw this question out there.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml