Upstate NY Babies

Another vacation WWYD

I'm pretty upset right now.

We were close to being settled on a villa on Turks and Caicos. I looked up info on Trip Advisor and there was a few instances of robberies and home invasions in 09. Not directly in that neighborhood or anything but I'm still super upset I read about it. The realtor has stayed there every year and is considering buying a home there she loves it so much - and she is single with a son. She said she has never felt unsafe there. I know crime happens everywhere and we can minimize our risk as much as we can...but it is still in my head and I can't get it out. We're talking Haitians with machetes here...not like Joe Shmoe. It's one of the safest islands in the Caribbean because homelessness is illegal and they have like 0% unemployment. The whole island is like it's own resort. Hardly any homes have security systems and most people just leave their windows open all night.

We just can't afford to stay at one of the resorts. It would be thousands more for us and my parents since we would need two rooms.

Ugh - just when I thought I was done planning!! I can't believe how stressful this has been.