October 2012 Moms
Options

MIL, you're going to get told

Ok, so I'm not sure if I'm just hormonal (due for AF this week plus tired) or what my issue is, but tell me if any of you would be annoyed at your MIL...

So DH's grandmother has been having DD and me over for lunch every other week.  MIL goes too, which is fine (usually...although she usually finds a way to annoy DD).  I usually put DD in her bumbo chair with it's tray on the counter because God forbid I put it on the table and there's no floor space where someone couldn't kick her and I could see her at the same time.  I don't trust MIL to be careful (she has MS, which is sad....but as mean as this sounds she likes to play it up as if it's a lot worse.  DH and I have caught her switching her balance on and off within minutes if she knows she could get sympathy...long story, but sad nonetheless).

Side track, sorry.  Anyway, grandmother brought cupcakes out as a treat.  DD was just hanging out, chewing on her toy keys and MIL goes to her "Oooooo, look what I have!  A cupcake!  And you can't have one...nah nah nah nah nah."

And she just laughs.  Obviously DD has no idea what she was doing or saying, but the way she said it was just like a little bully on a playground.  And then she goes on and says she used to do that to her kids all the time, ask DH.  That's after she told me she told her BIL to make more money for their family where no one else has a job to help pay bills.

So would anyone else be like wtf? And tell her don't do that once LO would understand?  It just really got under my skin and I'm like omg you're an idiot.  But she does so many stupid things that annoy DH and I that I don't know if stuff like this just bothers me or if anyone else would get irritated too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker