Blended Families
Options

I am not a mom

I understand that I am not my DSDs BM. The girls have been calling me mom for the past year and a half. Their choice not mine. We never pushed the issue. It was one day they started to call me mom. Their birth mom was not around. She was busy with her own life. All the while I was taking care of her kids, I was kissing boo-boos, I was washing throw-up out of their hair when they got sick, reading stories, teaching....everything. She currently only gets to call them twice a week until she can prove she has been sober for over 180 days with weekly drug tests.

She has known that they call me mom for a long time now, they call her mom too. They know they have 2 moms. Last night it finally got to her I think, she chewed DH out about how I am not their mom and they only have one mom, swearing and calling him every name in the book. DH is going away for a week, so he told her she could call three times this week and three times the following week he gets back. Thats not good enough either. She deserves to know where her kids are. So DH tells her they will be with me and his parents. She wants to call us(me and his parents), he says no, you can have three calls this week and three calls the following week. Is that unreasonable? In the CO, DH has all the decision making powers, she has none.

DH tells me to not let it bother me, but it does.