High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Low PAPP-A after IUGR in previous pregnancy?

Hi everyone, my daughter is 3 and I am 13w2d along with her younger sibling. We dealt with IUGR in that pregnancy (and she was born by emergency C-section because her heart stopped during the induction), and I just spoke to the perinatologist at the office for the results of my first tri screen.

According to them, the risk for Trisomy-21 is 1/1000 based on my age and the NT and blood levels. Risk for T-13 and T-18 is less than 1/10,000.

However, they offered me the quad screen because they couldn't find the nose bone and my PAPP-A levels were low (.27). I declined for now (though I'm thinking maybe I should do it, now).

They also said that PAPP-A can be a risk factor for placental function problems (including IUGR, stillbirth, etc).

Has anyone had this happen before? IUGR and then at a high risk for IUGR and other complications the next pregnancy? Could this be an issue with ME that's going to just affect every pregnancy I have? Really feel kind of crappy right now.

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to, IDK, try to protect the placenta and baby and lower the risk for going through the same thing again?

-Amber