High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Placenta previa complete level 4

I just want to share my experience with other mums how have been diagnosed with his extremely scary condition.
I started have bleeds may 3rd and was told some mums just bleed not to worry unless it doesn't stop or there's pain. I bled a few more times sometimes sounded like I was having a wee. The last bleed I ended up being rushed into hospital by amberlance as I couldn't even hold my head up. After 2 blood transfusions and a ultrasound they found pp complete level 4 they told me at this level it wouldn't move and a ccsection and possible premature birth was on the cards I also found out I had gestational diabetes at the same time I felt my world had ended how on earth could I complete a safe pregnancy with this condition. I have 3 other children and felt so guilty that I had got myself into such a state.
I went home and stayed in bed only getting up to pee,shower hospital for 2 weeks that's how long I felt so ill but the transfusions had done there job.
I had a scan at 20 weeks and still complete. I was so upset I hadn't thought there would be any change but everything just felt so hopeless.
Monday 2weeks later I had hospital as consultant wanted my cervix measured. The sonographer wanted to have a quick measure of baby girl and we are still all in shock but found the placenta had moved and a lot. It was 3cm clear of the os. She had another sonographer check yes it was true. The consultant checked yes but wanted another consultant to check to be 100 sure and yes it's clear by 3cm in only 2 weeks which is unheard off.
We were all a lot shocked but of course over the moon with this fantastic news. I was the most horrendous month living with this condition with no hope so I just wanted to share and say whatever anyone tells you the body is a strange wonderful thing and will do whatever it wants so don't be disheartened it could well change. Just rest don't stretch, pull or bend and give your body s chance to do its thing. I hope this post makes one person feel a little hopeful. Thanks for reading. X
Marie x