Blended Families
Options

Have to share this with you all....

My husband and I weren't home for dinner the other night and, of course, we left the kids (11 and 17) food for dinner.  We took the baby with us. We told the 17 year old where the food was and how long to reheat in the microwave.  We got home and I noticed McDonalds bags in the trash can.  I opened the refrigerator and their dinner hadn't been touched.  

I asked the 11-yr old about it and she said, "what dinner?"  Long story short the 17-year old decided he didn't want that dinner (turkey, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and fresh salad) and didn't tell his sister about it.  He then called his mother and asked her to drop off McDonalds because there was no dinner for them. 

My husband made him call his mother and explain what happened.  She then asked to speak with my husband.  She started yelling at him that she was happy to bring her children food that they LIKED to eat.  She wanted to know who the hell we thought we were to feed them healthy food like that.  Food they don't like to eat.

My husband hung up the phone and was cracking up.  He said those were her words, "Who the hell you do guys think you are feeding them healthy food!!"

Lol!!!! This is the level of stupid I have to work with. I'm praying that she calls CPS on us.  I would love for her to explain how we're supposed to be feeding the kids more McDonalds.  

P.S. My step-son is so busted that I cannot begin to tell you. Ever seen a 17-year old tear up and almost cry? I have.