Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

would anyone use a 26 year old swing & play pen? Is it safe?

I posted on a previous board about my mother in law who had only my husband & saved ALL of his baby items. Now that we just had our son in March when she watches him at her house she wants to use all these old things such as crib, changing table, swing, crib, play pen, toys, clothes & even Diapers!

yes diapers! crazy I know. I have told her not to use the diapers because that is just insane because they have been in her attic for 25 years & who knows whats on them! well she ignores my concerns & requests to not use them & put them on him anyway! I was livid. I got over it after she threw them out when we threaten to not let her watch him anymore. well then she put up the ancient crib & swing & play pen.

I saw the stuff she put up that she planned to put him in & use & I called off work & left with him because I didn't feel ok with leaving him there. I would just like some other momma's opinions on the subject & to ask if I'm being crazy? I mean they have to be recalled right? & the swing was down right scary looking... death trap should be its name..