Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1 Year Check-Up Results

So DD just had her 1 year check up (holy moly I have a one-year-old!) and it went mostly well.  Iron levels are normal this time (yay!) and LO was a trooper w/ her shots.

Only thing is that she has dropped slowly over the last six months from 50th percentile, to 25th, and now, to the 10th percentile.  Seems like a big drop to me, though, the pediatrician said it's not uncommon for toddlers to drop as they become more active (and LO has been walking since 10 months, so I suppose that could be why). LO is still nursing, drinking BM while I'm at work, and eating solids, so Dr. said encourage more BFing so she gets more fat in her diet, but try to get her away from MOTN feedings b/c it's becoming more of a comfort thing now. 

We just took her off the bottle during the day (cups only), so now the challenge is to get her to drink milk from a cup.  DH and I were hoping to get her on almond milk instead of cow's milk, but now I'm worried about her getting enough fat since she's now down in the 10th % range. Has anyone else done Almond Milk and if so, how did you incorporate enough fat into your LO's diet? Any suggestions, or should be just do cow's milk?

Thanks for reading! :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker