Blended Families
Options

Moving Vent

So DH and I accepted an offer on a house. Inspections are today, and hoping they go well!, we are hoping to close and move in before July 18th, which is my scheduled csection.

My 10 year old SD knows we're looking for a house. She also saw the house with us when we first looked at it, we currently have a 2 bedroom townhouse so she was very excited about the 4 bedroom house which means she won't have to share a bedroom with her little brother, even though she didn't mind one bit. Anyway, she doesn't know we made an offer because we are trying not to "jinx" it by telling the world just yet that we're under contract, but primarily we haven't told her just yet because we don't want her mother to ruin it for her/make it harder for us. BM has been jealous and bitter and hateful from day one, when SD went home and told her we were getting married, BM spent 18 months telling her "it's not really gonna happen" to the point where at our rehearsal dinner, I had to sit down and have a special talk with SD bc she was nearly having a breakdown! Her mother had told her so much it wasn't really going to happen that she couldn't believe it actually was happening! I can only imagine what BM said when SD went home and told her she was having a little sibling. We told SD on Christmas and her response was "I love all my presents, but my new baby sibling is my favorite." But unfortunately from what we've heard, in the past 8 months, SD is only allowed to show her excitement around her extended family at home, never around her mother who yells at her and tries to ruin it for her. So needless to say, we haven't told SD about the house yet. And it just makes me feel guilty about making a big family decision without her. I know she'll be happy because she's told us twice in the past two weeks "you should buy that house we saw with the yard big enough for a soccer field" but I just feel so annoyed that we can't tell her these big things until we know its safe for BM to find out. We also don't want BM to try and think just because we're buying a house that maybe she can get more CS out of us, DH already gives her MORE a week than the court order suggested so there ain't no way she's getting more out of him. But anyway, sorry this was long, I'm just bummed. Like I said, inspections are today and if all goes well we will be super excited and we want to tell SD but still have to wait. Grr.