Pregnant after IF
Options

Brooke's birth story

Hi ladies.  Its been a whirlwind of days with my precious LO.  Brooke joined our family on Friday June 7 (her EDD).

On Thursday, I went for my weekly appointment.  We had previously discussed inducing as it appeared LO was getting too big (for me) and I was in so much "pre-labor" pain.  Had my ultrasound and they were concerned that my fluid was low and LO didn't appear to grow as much as expected over the last two weeks.  I was sent to the hospital. 

At this point, I was told a bunch of scary terms such as "placenta failure," "unfavorable cervix," and "alternative birth plans."

Doctor gave me cervidil to start up dilation at 1pm.  He said it was expected to slowly start over the next 12-24 hours.  They were considering sending me home to rest.  I had told DH to stay at work because it was going to be awhile.  Thankfully he didn't listen to me.  By 4:30, my water spontaneously burst.  It was the only moment that I was alone in the hospital room -- doctors had said that they expected to break my water sometime the next day.  Contractions had begun and were quickly at 2 minutes with 1.5 minutes between.  Unmedicated and only 1cm dilated.  Apparently I was in the small percentage that this has occurred very quickly. 

Once I reached 4cm around 8pm, I was given nuvabane for pain.  This made me very drowsy.  It wore off and the next didn't work well.  I was grateful for anything.  Around 11pm, I got my epidural.  This was the greatest invention ever.  I slept off/on the remaining of the night.  My overnight nurse was an angel.

At 6am Friday morning, I was at 9.75cm.  By 9am, I was still at the same point.  I was given Pitocin to get past the last bit and to bring my monster 2+ minute contractions closer together; down time was 5-7 minutes between. 

At 10:1am5, I started pushing.  At 11:29am, my precious baby was born.  6lbs 8oz, 20 inches.  With a head full of dark hair.

Every shot, every tear, every bit of pain was worth it.  I can hardly believe that this little miracle is mine.  She already has so much personality packed into her three days of life. 

together since 2006
full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
Bloodwork: normal
2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
New RE appt 8/14/12
IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
Beta #1 BFP! 97
Beta #2 234
Beta #3 4937
ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
10/20/12 graduated!!!
EDD 6/7/12
Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker