TTC after 35
Options

TTC for 3 years - clomid failed, what next? Any tips appreciated!

Hi All, Just joined the board, I feel in need of some moral support.  I know that I am not in the same situation as some of you but I am on the journey.

Short bio:  I am 37, hubby is 41.  We have been TTC for 3 years now and nothing.  I was on the contraceptive pill for 20 years before coming off it and it took a LONG time for my body to adjust, in fact I am still not that regular and my cycles are over 30 days long.  I just finished the last of my 4 clomid sessions.  (Long story short, I went to see someone in the UK and then moved to the USA, so had to start all over again really).  Anyway, the last 2 rounds resulted in ovulation according to the 21 day progesterone results but alas, first 200mg cycle was not successful and I feel that AF is now imminent on the 2nd 200mg cycle, spotting has arrived.  Silver lining from this ????? Maybe I have plenty of eggs left if I have not been ovulating for the past 3 years ? :)  Too much to hope for?  But for all I know right now, they could be useless.

I refuse to get my hopes up that it is implantation bleeding, as I did that in Jan, and it was just a really heavy AF.  Hubby is fine on SA, so it is me that is the issue here.

Looks like I will be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist in the next few days, I just wanted to know if you all had any advice on how I select one, what I should look out for and any tips on how to survive the whole "I am a failure as a woman" moment that I am going through?

Best of luck to all of you out there who are trying, whether you are in the same boat as me, or further along in your journey.  We will get there, right?

x