Baby Showers
Options

Is this tacky?

This shower my aunt is throwing me is stressing me out completely.  It's my MIL.  My aunt is throwing the shower and my MIL would like to invite her whole family, although they cannot attend as they all live in different states.  The fact that they live in different states is the reason she isn't throwing one herself.  I understand that completely.  But she sent my aunt a list of who she wants invited and a note to include with the shower invite by her.  So my aunt from Texas is going to send out invitations to a shower she is throwing for my family to my in-laws with a note from and signed by my MIL.  She sent this to me by the way.  I feel as though if she really wants this to go out to her family, she should be the one sending it, not my aunt as my aunt is part of my family and doesn't know these people. 

Here's the note:  Dearest Family and Friends,

As the saying goes, "it takes a village to raise a child".  You are being sent this invitation because you are an integral part of our village even though we all live miles apart.  You are our family....our dearest friends...and by sending you this invitation, we wanted you to know that your presence is very much wanted even though we realize the distance makes it almost impossible for you to attend.  It's important to us to keep those close family/friend ties as the family tree grows.

At some point in the future after Matthew is born and when Kim and Chris are
comfortable traveling long distances with him, we will look forward to getting together with you for a visit.  Meanwhile, we will keep everyone posted as Kim's pregnancy progresses and we anxiously await Matt's arrival.

Sending much love,
Betsy