Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Does anyone feel guilty about getting an epidural?

I was planning a natural childbirth, at a out of hospital birth center. At 41 weeks, I had some tests that indicated that my little girl was no longer doing well in the womb, and I needed to be induced. So, I trusted my midwife's judgement and went in for an induction at the hospital. My body was not ready to be in labor, and my induction started on a Sunday and I delivered on a Tuesday. The pain was bearable, but the exhaustion was not. My hubby was really supportive, but he was getting exhausted toward the end too. I opted for the epidural at the end, and it helped me have rest up enough to push. DH took a nap after the epidural, which allowed him to be present and alert for her birth.

I had heard that babies appear groggy and drugged up after an epidural birth, but my little girl was alert, with lots of movement and her eyes were very focused on exploring her environment, proving those misconceptions wrong.  

I had no regrets in the first couple of days. I saw epidurals as a very useful tool that some women need. Lately, I have started to feel guilty about it the epidural. I even started crying about it, when I was telling my birth story the other day. I also felt really guilty after receiving the bill from the insurance company. Anyone else feel guilty?

On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone get a nasty pimple-like rash after the epidural? Not sure if it is from the epidural or the pitocin.  

Anniversary