C-sections
Options

Tell me! If you had a tubal...was your c-section recovery worse?

I have had 2 c-sections already so I know what to expect as a base experience and recovery.

Now I'm expecting #3 and told I can't plan for a VBAC...I have to have a c/s...and my OB offered a tubal at the same time.

***He said the recovery was no different.***  OK...IS THIS TRUE????

I just talked with a friend yesterday who said she heard from 3 different women, who all had previous c-sections, that the final one with the tubal was the worst recovery - the hardest, most painful, and longest recovery. She also said another friend was considering it until she talked to a couple women who said the exact same thing.

So ladies, please, I need to know - if you had a prior c-section - what are your real life experiences? Was the recovery with the tubal worse?

I wanted a VBAC because I didn't want to have a long recovery since I already have a 2 and 4 year old to take care of. The idea of having a horrible recovery - more than what I'm already preparing for - is not appealing to me at all. If that's the case, I'm going to back to Plan A and my DH is getting his vasectomy. 

Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg