Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Invite List

So I am going to try to keep this short. My MIL is throwing me my baby shower, which I really wanted. My mom is against me having one saying our religion doesn't believe in them (we are jewish- non religious, just cultural celebrations) Anyway, I sent my mom an email asking for addresses and to confirm her side invites since she doesn't want anything to do with the shower.

She doesn't want me to invite her side's family. Basically its my Aunt and then 4 of her first cousins. We aren't close to them at all, and have been pretty alienated from the 4 cousins, but I have a hard time inviting 1 (she left my Aunt on the list) and not the other four.

Then she goes on to add 4 of her co-workers. These are not her friends- they are co workers who she is closer with. They were at my wedding and my bridal shower- but I feel like that is a bigger even then a baby shower. These four women I have known since I was a kid, but I haven't seen any of them since my wedding (3 years ago).

I feel stuck- I don't know what to do about the invites. Do I make her happy and invite who she wants? Make me happy and invite the family (knowing they probably wont come) and not her coworkers but starting a feud with my mom? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml