Adoption
Options

How often does your agency / attorney check in with you?

Hi all, 

We completed our homestudy at the end of December, and have been "live" with our small attorney since November. We debated for a long time between using a smaller agency / attorney and a big agency like American Adoptions. Ultimately we decided to go with the smaller attorney based on a personal reference as well as speaking with some families that had succesful placements through them.

Now that we are a few months in I am finding it really hard to not know what is going on in the process. They do not check in with us really at all, I usually send an email once a month or so. My understanding is that our profile has been shown a few times, but no successful matches.  Its hard to not know whats going on on a more regular basis, I have this nightmare vision that our books are just sitting there maybe not even being shown. Or maybe there arent alot of birth moms, I just don't really know!

I am wondering how much information people get from their agency or attorney - should I be checking in more, should they be checking in with me? Do other people have more visibility into the number of birth moms / profiles being shown etc?

Appreciate any insight, we are trying to decide if maybe this situaiton isnt for us and we need to look for another agency. I am just not sure we would have a different experience elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance for sharing!