Baby Showers
Options

isn't it tacky...a very different story

Hi.  I know you ladies are very honest lol...I have a question.  My husband and I lost five pregnancies before finally chosing to adopt this past yr. Our DD was born Oct 1 and we didn't find out about her for two days.  She was born at 28 weeks and spent almost three months in NICU five states away and before I went out there people threw me and my hubby mini showers...my friends, my family, my inlaws ( it was canceled bc fil had a stroke).  So the three were separate just at peoples houses it was nice and small...my style.  Now fast forward to just a few months later and I'm expecting...identical twin girls!!!! Everyone keeps asking when my shower is bc they are so happy we overcame our infertility esp since people were very aware of it.  I just had a shower though for my DD in Nov.  While my friend is offering to throw it I kind of feel uncomfortable.  Is there an alternative where we can just celebrate with our friends??? Thanks.
After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."