TTC after 35
Options

the frustration!

Okay I've been a nurse for a long time, and I understand that there are a lot of things wrong in medicine.  For example, the patient is always the last to know... and sometimes not at all.  I always try to make sure my patients are in the know. 

So my 1st IUI failed, took the blood test on Tuesday and got the "I'm sorry but..." call.  Was trying to figure out when to start the next cycle because really I don't think my body is a big fan of the hormones.  My (almost) step kids will be out of school the end of the month, so really, starting again (tomorrow) is probably the best option. 

I spoke to the nurse today (who has been great) and told her that I do have some right sided ovarian area pain still, and that it hurts to have sex.  I said that I don't want to worry that something is going to burst or that something has changed.  I explained that I had a cyst on that side  before, but that it went away and even then it didn't bother me.  So she grabbed the radiologist reports.  She said one of them said I have an ovarian fibroid on the right, but that the doctor says it's so small that it shouldn't cause me pain. 

Anyway so I go for my ultrasound and blood work tomorrow.  I go to a satellite location for these.  The doctor will be in that office tomorrow and will be able to view the new films and the old films, rather than just looking at the radiologist report.  It makes me feel a little bit better about starting the meds again after everything is seen. 

But really, whether or not something is small or benign, I feel like someone should have said "hey, you have a fibroid."  I mean it's inside of ME, I should know about it.  And I'm not specifically saying anyone is at fault for not telling me, because it's not a big deal, it's just the system that bugs me.