Baby Showers
Options

Newbie- question

I lurke here often and have a simple question. What is proper etiquette for multiple showers for the same baby? DH and I are not actively TTC, but not using any BC. When the time comes that I get PG, I am 99% sure I will be offered at least three showers. One for my family, one for DH's family, one for our close friends, and possibly even one for our congregation. Would I need to ask all of the people to offer to host to come together for one big shower? It would really be massive- MIL is one of seven, and all of her siblings have extended family that we are very close to and would no doubt want to come. Our congregation is close to 100 people, and I am pretty sure at least hald of them would also want to come to a shower. My family does not get along with DH's family, and since his family and our congregation are so large, I think a shower for everyone would be huge!

I wouldn't want to seem gift-grabby by having multiple showers, but having a shower of so many people seems very overwhelming.. I am just not sure what proper etiquette would be!

TIA ladies.