Special Needs
Options

Talk to me about eyeglasses for kids.

We learned a few days ago after a thorough eye exam, that DD2 needs glasses for a severe astigmatism and far sightedness. She just turned 3. I have never worn glasses so this is all new for me and after leaving the clinic and ordering glasses, I have all kinds of questions. The opthamologist recommended miraflex so we ordered her glasses at the optical center in the clinic and they should arrive next week. She picked out pink frames :) I was able to get the frames and lenses for $127 since I get a discount for working at the hospital the clinic is affiliated with. Is this a good deal? Should I buy a back-up pair? Should I buy prescription sunglasses for her as well when she is outside? Any tips for getting her to wear them and keep them on? The doctor gave us a lower prescription than necessary (from what I understand) to help her adjust better so isn't so blurry right away-I think that is what he said anyway. When he explained things to me, it was after being there for almost 3 hours and DD2 was getting very antsy and lost her patience and was all over the room. DH has had to wear glass since he was 4 and has the same thing, but he isn't helpful as far as navigating the world of children's eyeglasses only to say that his were lost or broke on a monthly basis. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml