Baby Showers
Options

Host Issue

So two of my Girl Scout Co-Leaders offered to throw me a scout shower, now mind you I am only 9 weeks along and we have plenty of time to plan this.  However we doing our yearly calendar now.  So last night one of the co-leaders and I were working on our calendar and we decided to try and get the shower on the calendar now since they want to use the GS program center to throw it.  Since I am due the first week of Jan and due to a C-section will prob have the baby the last week of Dec, I would like to have the shower in early Nov so that people arent feeling rushed by the Holidays....was just trying to be helpful...right?  So my co-leader started texting the other about poss dates and she kept being negative about not knowing if we could even get the program center (It was already approved and the extra insurance has already been paid) and then she had to throw in that its her birthday month and she should be expected to give up her birthday fun to throw a shower.  I literally laughed out loud and told my friend that the girls in the troop would prob make better planners anyways....lol!!  I really don't want to offend my co-leader but really I think she needs a moment to grow up or something.  I am really looking forward to celebrating this moment with my scout friends, family, and fellow volunteers.  Esp since it was during a recent camping trip with this wonderful huge family that we thought I may have lost this baby =(

Any ideas on how to handle my hostess with a birthday problem....lol??

Cynthia Finch