Special Needs
Options

Choosing a school

I'm completely lost on how to choose a school and how to get info on how well they do for their special needs kids.  With nursing school coming to an end in the next year and my credit score getting better and better, we are pretty close to buying a house.  I've been trying and trying to look around online to get an idea of what schools are the best in KY and it seems so freakin difficult, considering that KY isn't known for a great education anyway.  At least not the area I live in.  It seems so far that Fort Thomas and Union are pretty good as far as ratings but 1) I can't seem to figure out how to research their special needs programs and 2) Fort Thomas would be my first choice, but all the houses are old and my H has absolutely refused ever since we got married to buy a house built before the 80s or something.  Our plan is to buy a foreclosure or fixer upper, live there five years, then sell and move on to something bigger.  It is so hard to follow through with this idea and also pick an area with a decent school district.

EI seemed to think that her current school is great, but I just don't know if I think so and I don't like the area that surrounds it.  I'm fine with her finishing up preschool here, but I don't know if I'd continue on here as I haven't heard great things or read great things.  And whatever school she begins at, I want her to stay there until she's out of HS.  I, personally, attended 12 different schools in my life.  Some schools I went to for three weeks or something.  I don't want to make her change schools ever.

How did you choose your current school system?  And I realize I may be thinking too far ahead because I don't know what her needs will be in 2-3 years.  Or maybe I could look into what it would cost for her to go out of district. I dunno.  So much to figure out I have no idea where to start.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml