Pre-School
Options

New to parenting!

My 5 year old SD just started living with us full time and since I don't have kids of my own yet I am totally clueless!  There are a few things that I am curious to get some expert advice on if you wouldn't mind! 

1. She still isn't fully potty trained.  She will pee in the toilet during the day but that's it.  At night she needs to wear a pull up to pee in and she refuses to poop in the toilet, so she  poops in her panties.  Isn't she a little old to still be doing this?  How can we curve this?

2.  She has trouble sleeping by herself.  Before living with us she lived with her grandma on her mother's side and she slept in the bed with her.  We lay her down and set her up with a movie to fall asleep to but she cries and continuously gets up out of bed.  My DH sometimes has to wait hours out in the living room before he can make sure that she fell asleep and can go to bed himself.  Any ideas on how we can make this transition easier?

3. She doesn't really know how to entertain herself and is very dependent on others. I can't do anything without her following me everywhere and questioning everything I do. When I'm really tired it gets kind of tiresome.  What are some activities that we could set her up with that could keep her busy and entertained for awhile while we do tasks like clean?

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg