Special Needs
Options

A Crazy Idea... Thoughts?

So, I was in the shower, where all good ideas are generated, and a big idea popped into my head...

I would like to plan a 'local' retreat for mothers who have children with special needs.  I'm thinking 1.5 days, all meals provided, and 20 - 100 people.  The focus of the retreat would be on making connections and self care (surprised?).  I realize this is sort of a crazy idea, and it will be a big undertaking, but I believe I can do it with a little help and some support from local organizations (even if it' it turns out to be a small retreat).  But, before I get myself in too deep, I wanted to pick your brains...

1) If something like this was offered in your area, would you attend it?  How much would you be willing to pay for something like this (I understand this number will vary based on COL and other factors)?

2) Would it be reasonable to expect participants to pay a fee (for food and site rental), as well as volunteer for one chore (sch as preparing a meal)?  Or, should I make the voluntereing and fee seperate, so that those who volunteer could pay a discounted fee, but then not everyone would be required to volunteer?

3) Would you expect off-site childcare to be offered?  Would you use it if it was?  Would you be willing to pay more if it was?

4) Have you, or anyone you know, ever planned anything like this?  Any thoughts when it comes to planning?

5) Any other input?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml