Adoption
Options

Re-Intro

Hey all! My login was lost in a compy switch and I have NO IDEA what my pword was, but this is srmmm09.

I'll put new siggy stuff in the following days. DH and I are still trying to figure out "should we stay or should we go" about our agency's Uganda program after they announced in April that the main orphanage they receive referrals from won't be processing int'l adoptions until the end of October (to instead focus on changing public opinion on Western adoption).

While what they're doing is good (making videos of children who've been adopted, to show that we aren't bringing them to the US as servants, or worse), we didn't decide to adopt so that we could sit on a waiting list when there are children we'd be happy to adopt waiting for families. Just our personal viewpoint. But, as we've paid a significant portion of our agency fees, we cannot move forward in any other direction and accept a referral anytime soon.

So, here we are. And there's an update on us! I'll try to be more regular now that we've settled into our "summer home" (We spend the summers doing a leadership training program with college students. It's in the Rocky Mountains. Life's so tough.)

IF you've PM'ed me in the last, psh, 6 weeksish, chances are I haven't gotten it. Sorry!