Baby Showers
Options

Actually classy

I was at a memorial service this past week for my aunt, who passed in Jan but the internment was this week, and have a story to share.

My baby shower was last fall, right after she decided to quit her battle with cancer and was admitted to hospice. I wasn't going to send an invite, but my mom said that she's felt left out lately and like everyone was acting like she was already gone, and to send her one even though she wouldn't be able to come. So, I put her on the list and explained to my hostess that she was a no... No problem, everyone understood.

Fast forward to a week or so after the shower... She sent me a two page handwritten letter apologizing for not RSVPing and how that is NEVER excusable. I laughed because that's just how she was. It went on to say that she wished she could have been there and enclosed was a generous check.

I told my cousins the story at the lunch after the service, and they laughed and told me how mad she was at herself for not responding promptly. And how she had tried to talk them into taking her to the Mall of America to buy us our bedding, since, well, Aunts should do that.

Just reminded me how truly classy she was. Thought you ladies might smile too.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image