Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower tomorrow... -eyeroll-

Baby Shower tomorrow... -eyeroll-

So I have a shower to attend tomorrow for a coworker who is about eight weeks ahead of me. We got married at almost the same time last year, her wedding was two weeks after mine.

So first of all, we have about 50-55 coworkers, and all but maybe ten of them are women. Neither of us are close to ALL of them (how could you be?), but I looked like a jerk because I was selective about who I invited to my wedding, and my coworker invited everyone because, in her words, "Hey, more gifts, right? hahaha." And the thing is, she didn't give them all invites, she waited until weeks before her wedding when she had gotten RSVPs in and THEN invited the people who hadn't been on the guest list originally, by telling them verbally and then ripping up scrap paper and writing down the address of the wedding and her registry info on it and handing it out. TACKY.

Then, when she came to our wedding, she didn't stay for the reception, but we got a note among the cards from her that said something jokey about how it was "pointless to pass money back and forth to each other," explaining why she didn't give us a gift and I guess implying that we didn't need to get her one. I wasn't by any means expecting a gift or card or anything, I just think it would've been much classier not to say anything. Just to be the bigger person I got her a gift off of her registry, wrapped it nicely, and brought it to her wedding a few weeks later.

Fast forward to both of us being pregnant at the same time, she has been planning her own shower on Pinterest, even though technically someone else is hosting it. I side-eye that for sure. When she gave me the invite, I commented on the venue she was having it at, and she laughed and said something about how they invited like seventy people, including EVERYONE at work, because "Hey, turns out babies need lots of stuff!" ugh.

Lastly, on the invite, she had the ever-classy "Please bring a book instead of a card" line. To top that off, her hostess texted everyone on the guest list a few days ago REMINDING them to get books instead of cards because "(Coworker) is so excited to start her little one's library!" Soooo I went to a thrift store and found a new-looking copy of a Dr. Seuss book for $1. :D

Can't wait until this whole ridiculous shenanigan is over!!

That was longer than expected! Sorry! Thanks for letting me vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml