Special Needs
Options

Sensory issues/bathing

DS doesn't go for his OT eval until mid-July. But I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things I could do to help him with bath time. He used to like bath time and he played in the tub. Then one day he didn't like it anymore. We have tried showers (with DH) also but he doesn't like that either. He screams and cries the entire time. I think part of it is the water and part of it is the being naked. I've tried different ways of trying to get him interested in playing in the water (bath paints, bubbles). He handflaps when we put him in the tub and then tries to climb out. I end up just having to wash him quickly and get him out. He immediately wants clothes on which I would think that would just have to do with him not wanting to get back in but he also doesn't like changing clothes and never wants to be shirtless in the house. So he immediately cries for his shirt while I'm towel drying him.

With the water, he had swimming lessons at 1 year old and he used to swim under water 3-5ft.He loved swimming and he loved bath time because we would practice our blowing bubbles in the water and sing the same songs they learned in lessons. He had no issues with our pool last year (we haven't put it up this year). Now he screams in any water Pool, bath, ect and even just trying to sing those same songs does not calm him down. He likes playing outside the water for example, we were at a pool party last weekend and he enjoyed throwing the pool toys in the water and likes to pick up things out of the pool water but he doesn't want to be in the water himself.

He has bath toys, lots of bath toys that he used to like, we have tried bath paints, bubble baths (those made it worse).

What can I do to help with bathtime?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml