Baby Showers
Options

Friend/Baby Shower Vent.....

My friend had a baby shower a few weeks ago.  She hosted my shower with my stepmom about a year ago so I wanted to be actively involved in hers.  Her mom was SO excited to be a first time grandmother so kind of took a very active role. Her mom basically booked the hall (VFW), sent the invites, etc. and arranged for it to be a potluck kinda event (tacky I know, NOT my idea).

Well I did a lot for it too. I brought the cake, favors, sodas, 2 dishes, chips, all plates, cups, napkins, etc. I also bought her a swing and TONs of presents. I also made a diaper cake.  I also bought TONS of decorations, but it was already decorated when I got there as her mom got there literally 4 hours early and I didn't have that luxury with a 11 month old.  I think my total spend was about $600- $700 on everything (the cake alone was $150). This was a shower for 40 people so you needed a LOT of food and everything.

Well she seemed to have a nice time, but I didn't ever receive a "thank you" text or anything like that.  We have been friends for a longtime, but have the kind of friendship where we can go long periods of time without talking.  I just feel kinda hurt that I did so much (with a young baby too) and didn't really hear thanks or anything.  I was very grateful for everything she did for mine and sent her a $100 giftcard to a spa.  I definitely don't expect anything like that, but a thank you text would have been nice.  Am I just being oversensitive here?  Maybe she didn't realize everything I did for the shower and just assumed her mom did everything?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic