Baby Showers
Options

NBSR-Tacky Wedding Situation=Update!

DH's sister sent me a Facebook invite to her wedding, I thought it was tacky but she insisted it's to save money. It's the week before my EDD and I told her earlier that I can't give an answer until discussing it with my doctor because my due date could be moved up. I told her that if I was given the all clear to come that I would bring my mom as my +1 since DH is deployed and the wedding is over 2hrs away and I would need someone to drive me.

Besides the fact that it's on a Sunday from 5p-1am, It's a potluck where they are supplying the chili but have asked that guests bring everything else including utensils/bowls/napkins! She mentioned me in her invite that I was bringing my mom's crockpot buffet, serving platters, mason jars for the drinks and chafing dishes, so if people wanted to bring things that needed to be warm it was taken care of. She keeps asking me about borrowing my sister's supplies from her wedding planning business even though I told her that is not my place to give those away and passed along the rental information. She said that since it's a Sunday that she should get a discount on top of a family discount, neither of which my sister is willing to do.

She's telling people that my family is providing so many details to her wedding that I really don't know how to tell her that this isn't possible. She hasn't listened that it's very likely I will not be able to come and that means that those supplies won't be there either, and that is only if my sister decides to feel charitable. I feel like if I don't go then I've ruined her day, but I can't go against my doctor's advice.

So I did call her, I had to leave a voicemail but then texted her what was in the voicemail that there was NO way that I could loan her those items and that I talked to my doctor today (little white lie) and she told me NO way I could go. I get a call from SIL, MIL and FBIL that I've ruined their day and that how are they going to come up with 800dollars worth of decor, and could my mom at least drive out the stuff? I can't WAIT for DH to hear about this via email (cue sarcastic eye roll). For the record, my sister keeps her wedding supplies in my shed and attic and SIL actually suggested I give her the items without asking my sister!