High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Feeling Overwhelmed by Appointments

I am more of a lurker on this board, but have posted a couple times. I was diagnosed with GD at 12 weeks through a blood test (my # was 5.7, which is my doctor?s cut-off).  As of 20 weeks, I started taking Metformin once a day. As of last week, I am now taking it twice a day. I was also born with an Atrial Septal Defect, so my heart require extra monitoring too.

Today, I finished scheduling some of my upcoming appointments. In addition to weekly visits to my OB, I also have to start doing non-stress tests twice a week once I hit 36 weeks. Further, I have to go in for another echo (self, not baby) and two more ultrasounds before her due date. With about 10 weeks left of pregnancy, I have nearly 30 appointments remaining. I am just feeling overwhelmed at all of the doctor visits.

Obviously, I am very happy my baby is be doing well, growing on track, etc. I actually feel pretty good too, these appointments just feel like a lot to do. 

How do you cope with managing the stress of appointments, work, family obligations, etc.?