Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Disapointed

We were planning our DE/DS cycle this summer, but we just backed out because we lost trust in our egg donor.

We have waited literally a month for contracts to be done and paperwork from our donor to be completed. I emailed the coordinator to tell her I was getting concerned. She admitted she was too because her calls to the donor the previous week were not returned.

I spoke with my husband and we decided we are no longer comfortable with this donor. We have decided we are going to choose a new, but experienced donor in order to try to avoid a repeat of this. I understand that both inexperienced and experienced donors can both have second thoughts or not complete their testing in a timely manner, but we feel if a donor has already been through this process, at least she knows what she's in for.

This was the first cycle I truly BELIEVED would work for us. I feel like I was just slapped in the face with the reminder that there are absolutely no guarantees in this process and this really might never work.

Me (31) DOR/ MH (34) azoo/high DFI TTC#1 since 2009 IVF #1 cancelled dt poor response/ IVF #2 & #3: BFFN/ Natural Surprise BFP, early m/c -endometrial bx & methotrexate administered/ IVF#4:nothing to transfer/ DS IUI#1 BFN/ DS IUI#2 BFN/ IVF#5 (1st w/ DS):another BFFN/ We were looking into DE and 1/2 DH's and 1/2 DS, but latest SA revealed zero sperm/ Currently planning on DE and DS cycle in 2013. This has to be it-