3rd Trimester

Delivery Woes

Okay, I don't know if any one of you can relate to this but I've been reading horror stories and the fact that I'm awake sends me into the community to seek help.

I love him to death, but I know that my DH is going to be completely in the way during delivery. I don't want to worry about him when I need to worry about me. And he hasn't been taking the hints that I'd rather have him sitting at my head than being all hands on as it is.

He says he'll be fine but I know him too well. I can predict a lot of things about him and I know that with how messy labor and delivery can be, he's going to be one of those dads that ends up fainting or puking. I'm already freaked out because I've got enough of my own problems and I'm hoping that he'll figure that out by the time we're at the hospital.

I'm tempted to put it in my "birth plan" that he is not allowed anywhere near my lower half until I've delivered but I don't know how well he'd honor that even if it was in writing. I just want to make sure he's not getting more stressed out than me because if he starts panicking, I will too.

Any ideas?