Atlanta Babies
Options

HFM after just 5 days of DC?!

I knew putting DS in DC would mean he is exposed to more illness and that he would probably be sick more frequently, but HFM after just 5 days? Poor Brennan screamed from 59, had the rash on his mouth on his private area, fever of 101.5. He was fine at drop off but when DJ picked him up they said he had a very rough afternoon. I knew the minute I picked him up he had a fever. Dh said he felt like that at pick up. The kid has not shed a tear ALL week and this behavior is very in characteristic for him. I am very surprised that we were not called. I am also shocked the didn't call due to the rash on his private area. How did they not catch this when the rash appeared on hismouth as the day progressed?

I understand that kids in DC are more prone to illness but this makes me question their cleaning regiments as well as the enforcement of their sick policy. I know B didn't get this from our house. Colin has never had this. We ended up taking him to the ER last night bc he was inconsolable for hours and our ped wanted him seen. He just finally fell asleep at 8 am.

Do I need to question my DC's cleaning methods and enforcement of their sick policy? Did your kids get sick the minute you started DC? I just wasn't expecting this on day 5. I am a but upset that we were not called bc he was visibly sick at pickup. Any advice is appreciated. Please talk me off the ledge my mama bear is rearing it's ugly head.
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers