Adoption
Options

HELP!! ?s about ASAP private adoption please!

My husband & I have been offered to possibly adopt a family friend's baby that was born today (born to a young mom who hid the pregnancy from her parents and does not want to keep custody).  The baby's grandparents only found out their daughter was pregnant today when she told them she was in labor.  My sister went to visit the young girl and her parents (whom she's close friends with) in the hospital and mentioned to her friend (the baby's grandmother) that we have been ttc #3 without success and may be potentially interested in adopting the baby.  The grandparents are going to discuss this scenario with their daughter tonight.

Needless to say, that after years and years of infertility treatments, my husband and I are very excited and would love to bring this baby home with us.  We have never explored adoption and want to make sure we can (quickly) educate ourselves, should this family decide they would like us to adopt the baby.  

Based on this information, what should we be thinking about that we aren't already? 

Does anyone have ANY advice, tips, thoughts, etc., and/or websites, books, etc. you can share?

Thank you!!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker