Baby Showers
Options

Now the hostess is sick (vent)

So the shower I knew about to begin with but had the date changed and I was told I couldn't know the new date has yet another twist.  The friend co-hosting has been sick off and on for about 6 months or so.  She got a really bad blood infection that eventually turned into a staph rash like thing on her skin so I have not had much face to face contact with her at all.  I had relatives calling me and asking questions about the baby shower, which obviously told me when it was and it is this Saturaday.  Turns out friend asked for RSVP and then gave her number and apparently no one can get thru or leave a message, whatever I am still going along as I don't know about it to appease her.  She asked me to go out to "lunch with her on Saturaday" ok that's fine I said and then asked how she has been feeling.  She said better but she just got pulled from work again until she goes back to doctor next week because now she has some sort of viral infection. I asked what kind, she said oh it doesn't matter I have been on antibiotics since Monday for it so you can't catch it.  This followed by and I quote "I can't wait to molest that belly of yours I haven't seen it in sooo long" I am so over the drama of this baby shower that I just wish it were done and over already.  I don't even know what to think anymore, I have been so careful to not be around sick people and now the co-host is apparently too sick to be at work (she takes care of the elderly) but not so sick as to get me ill.  Just needed to vent, thank you.  At least I won't hurt any internet strangers' feelings if I have come across ungrateful.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml