Baltimore Babies
Options

DayCare Prices in MD

Hello!  I don't normally post here, but I thought you ladies could help me out.

I work in Baltimore County, and DH works in Howard County.  However right now we live 1+ hours away (in PA).  We are looking to relocate to Howard County area, posisbly Anne Arundel or Carroll County.  But I think we'd really like to be in Howard County so we are close to both of our jobs!

I know the cost of child care varies by location and by center.  I hate that centers don't post their rates online!  I know daycare is going to be alot more in MD then what we are currently spending in PA.

What center do you use and how much do they charge?

DD is 9 months old now, and will likely be a year when we move. 

The "fancy" center by me charges less than $200/week ($800/month) for infants (and that includes diapers and meals - not inclusding formula or breast milk).

I currently pay a family member $150/week ($600/month) and I provide everything.

A friend of mine sends her DS to Goddard and she told me (per month) :

Up until the age of 2, the cost was $1488
Once he turned 2 it dropped to $1075
Then once he turns (or is fully potty trained) it drops to $945

So that is twice as much as I am paying now!  Yikes!  Although I know Goddard is the more expensive center.

Also, do you know of any centers that do part time?

DH currently has off Mondays, so I'd only need a center 4 days a week.  I know centers usually charge you the full week even if you only use 3-4 days.

TIA for any info you can provide!
Me 32. DH 38.
TTC # 1 Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".

After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker