Pre-School
Options

Any early elementary teachers on here? A preschool question for you (or anyone with input really).

Have you noticed any difference in kids who have come into school based on different models of preschool education? 

Right now the boys are in a Montessori program. I don't like the teacher very much. She is fairly strict and we haven't "bonded" for lack of a better term. The boys don't love going to school and after several days of observing I can understand. For next year we can either stay at the same school with a different teacher, who seems a lot more nurturing and happy or change schools. We just toured a Reggio Emilia school and really loved it. 

I really think it was the teacher we didn't like and not necessarily the Montessori approach. So I don't want to rush the move but at the same time we did get a good feel from the other school. Do you have any input on how kids do once they are in elementary school. Does it really matter play based vs Montessori vs whatever else? I get the feel that academically they'd be ahead in the Montessori school, and while that would be nice, it isn't as high a priority for us as that they are enjoying school and the learning process in general. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml