Snarky and T-TTC
Options

I'm back! (and an update)

I'm back from New York!! Wow!! The city is amazing!! We stayed with a friend in Brooklyn (close to Brooklyn Heights) and though he's only lived there 6 years, he fell in love with the city and is currently training to be a tour guide. So we couldn't have stayed with anyone better! We saw every tourist attraction on our list, plus a bunch of small local places we would have never seen otherwise! We had our own personal tour guide!

We saw so many things but the highlight of our trip was Rockefeller Center! We didn't want to go, didn't know much about it, but our friend convinced us and got us a free tour and a visit to the top, so we did it! It was breathtaking! We were at the top for sunset on our anniversary and saw all the lights in the city come on. It was amazing! And while on the tour, we saw Leonardo DiCaprio! Hot as ever!!

DH and I reconnected in a way we didn't know we needed and in a way I didn't even realized we had been missing. The trip came at such a perfect time for us, and in the midst of healing and trying to figure out how to move on, we realized that there are a million ways to celebrate the life we have. I can't put in words how GOOD for us the trip was.

I'm not sure how much more I'll be around here. We have decided to stop TTC. We are in the middle of deciding between a gestational carrier with our frosties, adoption, or living child free. My heart is telling me that child free is where we will end up. I think the costs of the other options are a bit much for our budget, especially since we're still trying to pay off the last 3 surgeries I've had. I wish money wasn't a factor.

This board has been a life saver for me, it's a place I felt a home and where I felt understood. But while we decide which road to take, it's not healthy for me to have my mind on TTC. In so many ways, it still is, but I need to move on. I'm coming to terms that a healthy long lasting pregnancy isn't in the works for me, and that's a hard enough pill to choke down.

I love all of you! And I thank you immensely for all the love and support I've received here! Huge huge hugs!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm back! (and an update)