3rd Trimester

excessive weight gain

I'm feeling really frustrated and confused because I have been eating pretty healthy and consistently gaining around 5lb a week in my third trimester. It doesnt make a difference if I eat bad one week or eat really healthy I still gain the same! So basically I feel like I have no control and the worst part is my baby is fairly small 17th percentile and has been being monitored to make sure the placenta is properly working so far they say she is doing fine Also I have no swelling so its not just weight from that even. So basically im uncontrollably gaining weight while my baby isnt gaining enough. I'm going to ask my doctor about why I'm gaining weight today at my appointment but I'm just really stressed and worried something is wrong with me or her. My baby's abdomen is the only thing growing too slow which is why the doctor was concerned the placenta wasn't working and my mom was thinking maybe something is wrong causing my body to take the food I'm eating and not giving enough to her or something. So I'm really worried about my daughter and also just feeling helpless : I just wanted to get some opinions before my appointment today because im really nervous