3rd Trimester

Anterior placenta and movement concerns

Yes, another one of these decreased movement posts. Sorry. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and a worrier by nature (pregnancy has only made it worse, clearly!)

I have an anterior placenta and while I regularly feel my LO when I get home at the end of the day after putting my feet up and relaxing, it's quite variable during the day. Some days while walking around/sitting at my desk at work, I feel things, some days I don't. My OB is unconcerned as long as I get 10 movements in 2 hours during an active time, so I try to really tune into it at night.

This weekend, however, I felt (and SAW!) more movement than ever before. Total dance party in my ute, which was really fun and reassuring and more like what it seems other people expereince. Today, however, I'm only feeling very soft, muted movements and my bump seems smaller and softer than the past couple days.

My theory is that the baby shifted positions and is more toward my back/behind the placenta, which is why today feels so different from the past couple of days. I still can't help but worry, though, and I won't be home until very late tonight to do the kick counts.

Anyone else with a similar experience or advice? Does my theory seem possible -- that she's moved to a different area at 32 weeks that makes her movements feel a lot more muted today than over the weekend? TIA, sorry so rambling ...