3rd Trimester

Sad over baby's name (long)

When I met my guy I knew he was the 4th... George Joseph Irving the 4th... and I knew that he wanted to name his son the 5th one day. I was fine with that, I was 25 years old and not planning on having children for another 5 years or so, didn't even know if I'd end up settling down with Joe. I'm now almost 28 and have a little baby boy on the way. I have to be honest, I really don't like the name George (sorry if that's going to be your baby's name) I imagined naming my baby Christian or Colton or I don't know something other than that.

Last year my grandfather, the only father figure I've ever known passed away. This was a man I LOVED more than anyone, we were inseperable. It was a very special relationship and I still cry when I think about losing him.

When I found out I was pregnant (before I even knew the sex) I kept waking up in the middle of the night and dreading naming my child the 5th without including my grandfather's name. I finally said something to Joe, I asked him if he would compromise and let me include my grandfather's name somewhere... George Joseph Harry Irving the 5th (poor kid.) He agreed

Yesterday, Joe revealed that he is very hurt about me wanting to include my grandfather's name, he says it makes it seem like I don't respect him and his name, not to mention his father etc. He also said "you always knew I wanted to name my first born after me" ... basically, that I knew what I was getting myself into... I didn't know my grandfather was going to pass on me like that, I didn't know that the name would bother me as much as it does, I feel like he's getting the whole name he wants but with something special put in there for me.

I'm growing this baby, my body is the one that's packed on a million pounds, I'll be the one delivering, this is my FIRST baby too and I don't know if I'll ever have another one, let alone a son to name after my grandpa. I am super depressed over this situation, it creates an unnecessary cloud over what should be a happy time... and I am so tired of always giving other people what they want when I know I'll regret it later...

Should I keep insisting on having my grandpa's name in there? It means so much to me.