Adoption
Options

**siggy** May I come back? (re-intro)

Hello!

Many of you may know me from when I was posting here before, but I'm sure there's new faces, so I thought I'd re-intro with an update and see if it's ok if I hang out here.

DH and I have always wanted to pursue starting a family through both biological and adoptive avenues.  We've both worked in the mental health and social work field for children with developmental and also mental health needs.  Foster-to-adopt had always been our first adoptive wish because that's where our heart lies.  We'd been TTC and then TTCAL and when I was told I'd probably need fertility treatments to pursue TTCAL any further, we chose to pursue our foster care license instead while still trying naturally at home with no medical intervention.  Halfway through our classes, we had a pregnancy we didn't think would happen on our own. 

We were almost done with our classes and about to enter into the home inspection when we put F2A on hold, but assured our case manager we would be back some day.  What we'd done up to this point is good for 4 years.  I'd been previously misinformed that I'd have to wait till our baby was over a year before getting a placement, so now that I have the correct information, we're looking into resuming where we left off before this baby turns a year.  We're not ready to start our process up again because we need time to adjust to this baby and being a parent, but it is still our full intention to come back to our F2A journey before too long.  That being said, would it be alright if I started easing my way back into the board? 
BabyName Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

TTC Journey
TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012 BFP #2 on 10/29/2012 EDD of 7/13/12 Beta #1&2: 14, 56 P4: 9 Beta #3 (4 days later): 157 P4: 38! Beta #4: 314 Beta #5 (7 days later): 4,721! HB #1 (6w4d): 118-120bpm HB #2 (8w4d): 176bpm
Grow little baby, grow!

Adoption Journey
Aug 2012 -- Began the foster-to-adopt process
Oct 2012 -- Turning in foster/adopt application, completed background checks, and began classes for foster care and adoption. Dec 2012 -- Adoption placed on hold due to a semi-surprise pregnancy.