3rd Trimester

When being sent home from the hospital

What a bummer it is!

And sometimes a little irritating...

Saw my Dr yesterday and got the whole spiel on when I should go to the hospital since I'm pretty much ready to hit active labor. I've been one of those moms that labor on and off for a few days and then found out I was on the verge of it going active! So, as per her instructions, when last night I started having close contractions (3 min apart) I drank a lot of water, walked around, took a shower, back and front sides hurt with contractions, pressure downward, etc to make sure there was no change and there wasn't. Hour and a half after they started we went to the hospital got hooked up to the monitor. My Dr had warned me she had to run out of town that night so I'd have to use the Dr-On-Call if anything happened. Well the night nurses were nice, keeping me as comfortable as possible through worsening contractions, back labor and so on...

Fresh shift comes in in the morning when I had already been feeling a little better and realized that it wasn't 'the day'. Dr on call comes in, looks at me and says "you dont look like someone in labor. I'll check you, but I'm sending you home." That's all fine and dandy cause hospital beds are the worse things to even attempt to sleep between contractions on. BUT then when I'm getting ready to leave the nurse starts telling me all about how I was likely just having BH and what all I could do to cope with them, AKA EVERYTHING I had done before coming to the hospital. I told them what my Dr said and how I had done all of those things to make sure they were real (also that my Dr doesn't want me to sit at home through them in case the rest goes very quickly) and they totally brushed me off. I received a 10 page print out on BH and how to deal with them and told not to come back unless I was crying (which I had been on the verge of the night before).

Anyone else deal with something like this? I realize false alarms are going to happen but having them ignore me ticked me off! I never got snippy with them (even if I wanted to), just told them what my Dr had said.

I think my favorite part was while I was leaving and one of the nurses (the one insisting that it had all been BH and my imagination) waved and said "Maybe we'll see you again today!" 

Now I feel like I'm going to sit at home through too much of it.