Baby Showers
Options

Shower after the baby is born - registry?

My MIL would like to host a shower for me in September. Baby will be about one or two months old (depending on when he is born and when in September she decides to have it). I am due 8/7, but being high risk I could be induced at 39 weeks or they may let me go full term. I don't think they will let me go past my due date. 

I am having a baby shower in June (thrown by one of my mom's BFFs). I have registered at BRU. DH and I will purchase any of the must-haves after the June shower. We already bought all the furniture. 

Does anyone know how long BRU leaves your registry up?

Also - I am trying to think of things to put on there for the September shower. I could do a high chair, sippy cups, the convertible car seat (we will buy the infant one before then if no one else does), bath toys, toiletry type items, larger sized diapers, wipes, any other suggestions?

I know I probably won't be feeling/looking my best that soon after giving birth, and I know MIL will want me to bring the baby to the shower. It is very important to her, so I am willing to do it (even if it weren't my first choice - it isn't the "hill I want to die on").

Anything else I should be thinking of?

"How long till my soul gets it right? Can any human being ever reach the highest light? Except for Galileo, god rest his soul, king of night vision, king of insight." ~ Indigo Girls Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

BFP 11/24/2012 with EDD 8/07/2013