Adoption
Options

Looking for advice and information

Hello Ladies,

I typically post over on the TTGP boards, MH and I have been trying for almost a year and have had a loss a few months ago. I have always imagined myself adopting at some point and recently I have thought about it a lot more.

The reason I am posting here is one of my good friends just informed me that her younger sister is pregnant with a baby that she doesn't think she wants, the father was a one night stand who when told about the baby said abort it and wants no part in the babies life. She doesn't want to have an abortion but she is considering adoption. 

So my question is if she decides to go that route would it be a bad idea to try to adopt her baby? I don't know her well I have only met her a time a two but I love her sister like my own sister, so would having a connection to the birth family be something that should be avoided when adopting? 

Also for an adoption like this what would be a good place to research how to go about it? I have no idea where to look into information for something like this. 

TIA for any thoughts or advice. 

Type 1 Diabetic TTC #1 since June 2012 BFP 12/25/2012 1st Ultrasound 1/22/12 Baby only measuring 6 weeks:( Grow baby grow! 2nd Ultrasound 1/28/13 no growth and no heartbeat:( My Ovulation Chart