Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Mix Up

One of my good friends is due in June and her shower is next weekend. Dh and I have a 3 and 2yo. Our son can get pretty antsy and doesnt like to sit well at new places without constant entertainment and I usually dont take him to things like this. Our daughter loves them and has no issues sitting for longer periods of time without the need to run around and will sit and color or play with her leap pad.

When I talked it over with DH everything was fine date wise. Lately he has had to work every other weekend due to being short handed at his store but that weekend was open as of last week for him so I RSVP'd yes. We both forgot that Mother's Day was this weekend and he switched things around without telling me in order to spend the day with the kids and I. I RSVP'd thinking everything was fine and then last night DH said something about what I wanted to do this weekend. Thats when I asked about next weekend and asked if there was any way he could get off early/go in later (depending on who he has working and when they come in he can get out earlier).

I am bummed I cant go but with the way DS is, its going to make it impossible to visit with anyone, see whats going on, do any of the activities, etc as he likes to run around. I personally feel that it would be rude to have to chase around a toddler the whole time. He has been known to get into everything and has drawn the attention from where it really needs to be.

I am trying to see if my SIL can watch him for a few hours but if she cant I am not sure what the best way to go about this is. Knowing the mom to be she wont care too much. I ordered her gift the day I got the invite and can schedule a lunch date with her and give it to her then. But my question is if I cant go do I shoot her mom another e-mail (RSVP's were asked to be sent to her e-mail address) saying we can no longer make it and inform the MTB as well? I will find out from my SIL in a bit if she can watch DS and want to let the host know asap due to the cost per person. I just dont know if its tacky to rsvp yes (at the time it was a definite yes with no questions) and then have to follow up with no?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker