Adoption
Options

Thank you to the moms & moms-to-be on the board!

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for all of your dedication and perserverance. My family would not be complete without adoption, so I have a  deep admiration for you ladies. My own parents waited years for my kid brother. In fact, he is the reason I was thinking of you today. Today is his Happy Adoption Day- in my family, we have always celebrated the day he was officially adopted. It isn't a big party like a birthday, but we usually went out to dinner at the location of his choice or saw a movie or something. When people ask if he feels self-conscious about being adopted, he loooooves to point out that one of us was the result of years of hard work and determination (him) and one of us was a complete accident (me). 

Anyways, sorry if this was a way weird post. I just have quite a few adopted cousins (IF runs in my family) and I am often reminded how families come together in different ways. So many people think we "just adopted" my brother, but they don't realize how long and hard the path was for my mom and dad. 

Follow Me on Pinterest